Magnetization using DC pulse technology
Extremely strong current pulses are generated by means of capacitor discharge for just a few milliseconds. The DC pulses generate magnetic field pulses in the steel components being tested and these magnetic fluxes leak from the area of the surface flaws, e.g. cracks. The iron oxide particles in the test medium are strongly attracted to these leak pulses, thus accumulating around the leaks and becoming visible under UV light.
The advantages for the user are:
- extremely sharp and clear crack images
- rapid MT test results after approx. 3 seconds
- compact, light equipment and easy operation despite high level of performance
- low energy consumption, low operating costs
- simple component handling, no component clamping necessary
Demagnetization with direct current pulsing
Using direct current pulsing of decreasing intensity and changing polarity it is possible to successfully demagnetize steel parts on a permanent basis.
(Figure 1) Current and field strength course of a direct current pulse with capacitor discharge